Dr. Mike Duffy
Dr. Duffey is a native of Fredericton. He began his post-secondary career at the University of New Brunswick before completing his Optometry degree at the University of Waterloo in 1978. Upon graduation, he moved to Nova Scotia and began practicing optometry in Middleton where he remained a familiar face to all his patients for 36 years. Dr. Duffey is excited to now be part of Valley Family Optometry in their new location in Kingston where he continues to serve the many patients he has grown to know so well after all these years.
Outside of his optometry career, Dr. Duffey has had a lifelong passion for aviation and began his flight training while still in high school. He eventually completed his Commercial Pilots' License, as well as Instrument and Multi-Engine Certifications. Dr. Duffey is married and lives in St. Margaret's Bay. Together, the couple share passions for travel, cooking, and sailing.
- University of New Brunswick
- University of Waterloo, Doctor of Optometry 1978
- Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO)
- Nova Scotia Association of Optometrists (NSAO)
- Nova Scotia College of Optometrists (NSCO)
- Chair of the Discipline Committee for the Board of Examiners in Optometry 1981-1983
- Chairman of the for Nova Scotia Board of Examiners in Optometry 1984-1986
- Elected to membership in the Canadian Society of Aviation Medicine 1986
- National Council of the Canadian Association of Optometrists (CAO) 1986-1990
- Secretary-Treasurer for Canadian Association of Optometrists(CAO) 1990-1992
- Chair of the Canadian Optometric Education Trust Fund (COETF)1993-2004