An eye exam is more than just reading letters off an eye chart – it is a complete, comprehensive exam and detailed examination of your visual ability, vision, and eye health. Your eye examination at our clinic will include:
- A review of your health and vision history
- Visual acuity examination
- Ocular motility examination
- Refraction (test for nearsightedness, farsightedness, astigmatism, and presbyopia)
- Measurement of eye pressure
- Eye health examination
- Retinal imaging
Early intervention gives a person the best possible chance of maintaining good vision. A comprehensive eye examination not only reveals the health of your eyes, but can also be an indicator of your overall health.
In Nova Scotia, MSI will cover the cost of an eye examination every two years for patients 65 years of age and over.
Often employment insurance benefits cover the cost of one eye examination every two years.